Two Lakeway Center
3850 N. Causeway Blvd.
Metairie, LA 70002
Mediator & Arbitrator
Tom Grace is a full time mediator having mediated over 3,000 cases since beginning his mediation career in 1993. A trial attorney for twenty years, he specialized in admiralty and maritime law and personal injury (doing both plaintiff and defense work). He was the Magistrate Judge in Harahan, Louisiana for four years. For seven years he was corporate counsel and a director of a publicly traded company, where he had primary responsibility for the company’s commercial disputes, franchise agreements, leases, and insurance claims. His mediations have primarily involved commercial disputes; complex, maritime and oilfield litigation; personal injury matters; and insurance disputes. He is admitted to practice in all Louisiana State Courts, the United States Supreme Court, the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and all Federal District Courts in Louisiana.
B.B.A., (International Economics) Loyola University, 1963
J.D., Loyola Law School, 1972, cum laude (First in Class)
Editor of the law review; numerous academic achievement awards including the law school’s highest award, the Phi Delta Delta Award “for
good scholarship and service to the law school.”
AAA Mediator Training 1993; maps Advanced Mediator Training 1994 through present.
- Founder and board member of the LADC Trial Academy
- Past President and Director of A Child’s Wish, a volunteer organization that grants wishes to terminally ill children
- Teaches mediation at Loyola Law School LSU Law School and lectures widely on ADR and legal ethics
- Emeritus member of the Loyola Law School Visiting Committee
- Former member of President’s Council, Loyola University
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association
- LSBA Section on Corporation and Business Law
- LSBA Council on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Former Board Chair and current board member of the Board of Directors of Volunteers of America of Greater New Orleans
Negotiation and settlement of: numerous commercial disputes; complex, multi-party maritime claims involving an offshore drilling catastrophe; multiple personal injury claims; extremely complex and very public commercial litigation matter involving a hospital; and a Katrina Insurance claim involving a 350 unit complex.