Two Lakeway Center
3850 N. Causeway Blvd.
Metairie, LA 70002
Frank A. Fertitta
Frank Fertitta was admitted to the Louisiana Bar in 1967 and simultaneously served as Captain in the U.S. Army from 1967 to 1969. Mr. Fertitta was a Senior Partner in Lane, Fertitta, Janney & Thomas engaged in over thirty years of active litigation practice in the areas of casualty, products liability, medical malpractice, professional liability and insurance law. He is presently a Partner with the firm of Seale, Smith, Zuber & Barnette. He has lectured extensively in the fields of litigation, ethics, insurance law, and trial practice in numerous Continuing Legal Education programs including those sponsored by La. State Bar Association, La. Association of Defense Counsel, American Inns of Court, and Baton Rouge Bar Association. Mr. Fertitta has been a maps mediator since 2000.
B.S. Industrial Management, Louisiana State University, 1964
J.D., Louisiana State University Law Center, 1967
- Adjunct Professor: LSU Law School with emphasis in Pre-Trial Litigation and Litigation Practice (1978-present).
- Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board (1998-present).
- Louisiana State Bar Exam Committee-grader (1980-present).
- LSU Law Center Alumni Association (President, 1997-1998).
- LSU Law Center Hall of Fame.
- Baton Rouge Bar Association (President, 1989-90).
- Downtown Kiwanis Club of Baton Rouge - Board of Directors. Toastmasters Club of Baton Rouge.
- Louisiana State Bar Association (Board of Governors, 1991-93).
- House of Delegates (1976-91 and 1993-2001).
- Nominating Committee 1993,1994, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- Chair of Lawyers Advertising Service Committee 1998-2000.
- Chair Insurance, Negligence, Compensation and Admiralty Law Section (2000-present).
- Charter member: Henry George McMahon American Inn of Court - Master, Membership chairman.
- Attained highest possible professional and ethical rating ("AV") as issued by Martindale-Hubbell legal ratings directory.
- Listed for several years in their Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers.