HON. CAROLYN W. GILL-JEFFERSON (Ret.)
MEDIATOR & ARBITRATOR
CAROLYN JEFFERSON is a retired judge of the Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans During her tenure on
the court she served as Chief Judge. Subsequent to her service on the bench, Judge Gill-Jefferson served as a visiting Professor of Civil Law at the Mississippi College School of Law. She remains a member of the Adjunct Faculty. She is also a member of the Trial Advocacy Faculty at Tulane University.
She has been appointed Special Master by the Civil District court to make allocations of settlements of more than thirty million dollars.
Currently, Judge Gill-Jefferson practices in the areas of Administrative, Domestic and Succession law. She also engages in mediation and arbitration handling personal injury, contracts, medical malpractice, premises liability, property damage, class action and successions.
Bachelor of Arts, Tougaloo College, 1975
Juris Doctor, Loyola University School of Law, 1978
• Louisiana State Bar Association
• Mississippi Bar Association
• National Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• New Orleans Bar Association
• United States District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
• United States District Court Northern and Southern District of Mississippi
• United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
• Michelle Pitard Professionalism Award